Thursday

missing my sister


My sister/best friend/better half, Theresa, moved to Italy three days ago. MASSIVE change. Since she won't have a phone for a few weeks and since I'm accustomed to speaking to her multiple times daily - this presents a huge inconvenience for me. However, to my delight, she sent me a lovely email this morning with the play by play of her travels so far. Here is an excerpt...

"TERRENTIAL downpour yesterday. Which made me discover that none of my shoes are suitable for walking on damp marble floor. Going to have to visit a cobbler asap to get some tread things put on the bottom of all my shoes because I almost bit it a half dozen times yesterday.

Naples is a dump. And I mean literally, since there's garbage piled in the streets everywhere. Since my feet were still swollen yesterday from traveling and I didn't want to look like a stupid American wearing my running shoes, I wore flat sandals last night after it had stopped raining when we went for a walk to try to find a place to eat. Four miles later and I think I accumulated every disease possible from the streets on my feet - I promptly washed them when I returned to our room and am trying to figure out a way to disinfect my shoes"

God bless my family.


Good thing my security blanket (Pauline) lives a stones throw away and has graciously rendered her company to soften the blow. I predict April will be full of slumber parties.


LOVE YOU sister -- missing you terribly...