Thursday

Only in my Dreams...


You'd be surprised, but growing up without a father can actually be a lot of fun. When I was younger, I got to play games that wouldn't be appropriate if I lived in a two parent household. You know the game 'If I had a million dollars, what would I buy?' Well, I put a lil twist on that and played 'If I could pick my daddy, who would it be?'
Since my family has spent a hefty amount of time purchasing things in warehouses, it should come as no surprise that for the past decade, James Caan has been my favorite daddy of choice. Sharing a lot of the same characteristics as the real men in my family (i.e. erratic temper, love for garlic) he seemed like a perfect match. That is, until recently.
Not too long ago, Theresa and I went to see Chaz Palminteri in his one man show of the Bronx Tale. INCREDIBLE. How he so seamlessly portrayed over 20 characters in the 187th street and Belmont Ave hood in 97 minutes with no bathroom brakes was truly remarkable and one of the best theatrical adventures I have ever attended.
After the show I got to meet Chaz, who I quickly came to find, is just about the coolest man to walk the planet. Sorry Jimmy, you've just been dethroned. I can say, with absolute certainty, that Chaz Palminteri is my ultimate dream dad of choice. We even look like we could be related, don't you think? Well, maybe in another life.....
For the record, I would like to apologize in advance to one person in particular if this game is in any way hurtful. Sorry mamma - you know you're the man...